Monday, September 21, 2009

Witt dorm is a good place to live as far as I can tell from my first month of living here. I moved in a week early because of football, so I have a little extra time then most people have here. Over the year I am going to talk about the good things and the bad things about living in Witt dorm. Today I am going to start off with a bad thing. Living at Witt gives the residents a really good air conditioning system. I definitely mean really good air conditioning. There are no thermostats or anything to control the temperature here. It just stays at a nice 60 degrees I would say. First couple of weeks you are just kind of figuring it out and maybe you put a sweatshirt on or something. Who would have thought to bring a sweatshirt to San Antonio in August? I have learned as long as many others on the hall a good solution to the problem. When you are in the room leave the door to the balcony open. Although it may bring in loud sounds at times, this will significantly increase the temperature in room. That is of course if it is the usual weather outside. You then are not quite as freezing in your room. I am currently trying to figure out some way to block the air conditioning from blowing, so that on cold or gross days you have a good solution. I am worried about when the winter rolls around though. Although the winters are mild here, combined with the air conditioning it could get bad. I hope that the temperature in the rooms will adjust in the winter, but for now all I can do is hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment